Intro

Follow my training and fundraising progress towards Ironman Boulder. Help me raise $4,000 for Ironman Foundation's Community Fund to enhance the well-being of the Boulder community through charitable support.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Treadmill Interval Training

6AM - Just under a 10K, treadmill interval training



This morning I realized just how out of shape my running is.  No  more excuses; the fact is that I haven't been running frequently, long enough or fast enough.

My 4-minute 8mph interval felt like pure death.

The good news is that my knee doesn't feel horrible.  I fully expected 6 miles to do a number on it, but it seems pretty manageable.  I'll know more as I increase the volumes and intensity; but for now this morning was a success!

Great article from last February on TrainingPeaks about interval training and how it can improve your running speed.  Take a look here:  http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/how-to-get-faster-with-interval-training

2 comments:

  1. Brian, hey I want to create a blog spot almost as cool as yours, any advice?

    Dave Tolbert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will be at least as cool, or cooler! I'm happy to spend a few minutes with you if you'd like. Send me a message on Facebook. BTW - you can create one now and start adding content; you do not have to wait until it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete