Intro

Follow my training and fundraising progress towards Ironman Boulder. Help me raise $4,000 for Ironman Foundation's Community Fund to enhance the well-being of the Boulder community through charitable support.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Waking and Running, for a cause!


Up at 4:55AM for a ~2 hour run with great IRONMAN Boulder training friends.  I wake up reminding myself that my efforts are helping raise money for the community around me.  Thanks again to all my donors, $1,460 down--$2,540 to go.

I'll admit, I've never been a morning person...but consistency is proving that it gets easier.  A friend of mine turned me on to the iPhone App (Sleep Cycle) that tracks your movement and is supposed to gently wake you up over the course of 30 minutes beginning when it detects increased movement and signs that you are leaving REM.  So far, I've been pretty happy with it.

It also allows you to track your resting heart rate (RHR) through the camera/flash.  I am not sure how accurate this method is but apparently my RHR has lowered over the past few months as it was 49bpm this AM compared to the 57-60 range late last year.

A group of about 10 of us ran this morning at Big Dry Creek Trail beginning in the dark at around 35 degrees F.  It quickly brightened, warmed up and led to a great morning.  Quickly followed by a "super shake" made by my wife Christine as I walked in the door--THANK YOU!

Next up?  1.5 hours on the bike later today, a sports massage and probably an ice bath!




No comments:

Post a Comment